Planning My Family Vacation??

I know! I know!

How dare I blog about planning my next vacation when I've yet to update you all on my last vacation. No worries! The blog post is coming. I still have a video to edit and pics to upload so please stay tuned!

In the meantime (thanks to my EXTREME nesting) I am thinking long and hard about my next family trip.

I've always wanted to give my kids the gift of travel. I want them to experience different parts of the country and hopefully outside of the country whether through me personally or through whatever group or extracurricular activity they're involved in.

As mentioned in my last blog entry I took 2 out of my 3 kids to Los Angeles, CA. While a difficult trip for me for many reasons they still really enjoyed themselves. I am now hoping to be able to bring all 4.... Wait 4? How did we jump from 3 to 4? Well.... I am currently expecting (hence the nesting reference) and baby will be approximately 10 months come the targeted vacation time. He'll still be young enough to NOT have to buy an airline ticket. Thank GAWD!

So where am I going and what is my target date?

I am truly thinking Los Angeles again. One reason being because all of my kids didn't get the chance to go. My oldest daughter has never been to California... Ehhh.... I take that back. She has, but she was so young (about 2 years old) that she doesn't remember. I was also pregnant during my last trip and while not entirely miserable I was not always comfortable and therefore not completely up to the challenge of venturing out to a lot of places... Although it was the plan before becoming pregnant.

I am actually planning for an eventful summer for the kids come 2019. Summer camps and for my oldest daughter Upward Bound. And if I play my cards carefully and right then I'll likely have the house that I want. I may even squeeze in a family reunion. With all that would be going on during the summer I figure it would probably be best to plan this family trip for July of 2019. I'm thinking somewhere between the last 2 weeks of July. All of my school aged kids would be done with their summer programs and would have about 2 and a half weeks before school started back.

I'm debating between an airbnb or Holiday Inn Express (free breakfast... Hey!!)

As last minute as I usually am this advance planning will allow me to easily save and avoid unnecessary costs.

I'm actually very excited. Yes it'll be my 3rd recent time there, but the excitement of being in Cali never really gets old!

I've started having weekly family meetings with my kids so I will bring this up to them as a long term goal/incentive.

I will be back soon to update you on further planning and of course the actual trip when it arrives!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making Travel Work For The Kids And I

About My Very First Solo Trip (Pt. 2)