Making Travel Work For The Kids And I

I'm sure you all have heard time and time again, "If you really want to travel then you'll find a way to do so." Or at least something along those lines.

Ehh.... I mean it sounds good in theory, but sometimes it's just not realistic to do the things suggested in order to be able to travel. So we either take whatever we can get or just not travel at all.

But I think I may have found a way to see that my kids and I are able to see a different part of the country at least once a year....

My children are a part of a local competitive dance team. With those competitions comes the opportunity to travel. This year they're competing in Orlando, FL. Their dance team will include 2 extra days to allow for the kids to experience Orlando as well by doing things such as going to the beach and possibly Disneyland. And with the price at approximately $350 which covers transportation and hotel... It's basically a steal. Not to mention I've signed up as a volunteer so I only need to pay $125. I also told them that my youngest, who does not dance with the team, could lap up and sleep in the bed with me. Guess what they said? That's cool! So I pay nothing for her! WINNING!

I've also made it a point to see that we attend family reunions yearly. I've found 4 reunions associated with my different maternal and paternal lines so far. I too plan to begin hosting a reunion for my paternal line as well. This will begin next year, hopefully, in New Orleans. My children will now have the opportunity to explore the US at least twice a year.

I just wanted to share with you all a short entry on how I plan to make travel work for us and hopefully give you all ideas on making it work for you and your family!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning My Family Vacation??

Good Deal!