One Thing Crossed Off Of My Bucket List

I've always wanted travel to be the center of my life.


I remember in high school one of my many dreams were to travel as soon as I graduated. I wanted to take a road trip and visit all 50 states. Whichever state I ended up in last was the state I was going to start a new adult life.


That of course never happened because I ended up pregnant with my first born months after graduation. It made me grow up fast and I missed out on a lot of young adult experiences.


12 years later (I can't believe it's been THAT long) and I'm finally at a stage in my life where I'm able to pick up where I left off. Things still aren't without difficulty. I do, after all, have 3 children now, but as they get older I am able to do more.


In fact I did a lot this past weekend!


I went on my first solo trip ever! If I could use one word to describe that experience it would be "LIBERATING."


I was the carefree black person that I've always wanted to be!


This weekend was so impactful, in fact, that I made a promise to myself to plan a solo trip once a year from here on out.


Here's to breaking the stigma that people... women...  BLACK women.... a single black mother should not travel alone to a place they've never been. I'm here to say I've done it and will do it again. And again. And again!


Sooo... Where did I go? What did I do? Check my next blog post to find out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning My Family Vacation??

Making Travel Work For The Kids And I

About My Very First Solo Trip (Pt. 2)